Technical Project Manager position
Apply for this position using reference TEAMSPM01.
Nimaworks is looking for an experienced, outgoing, goal-focused Technical Project Manager. As a Project Manager you will plan, guide and coordinate activities throughout all stages of the project in order to deliver it on time and make sure that all projects adhere to the standards of budget, timeline and scope. Every project plan and delivery should meet the client needs and for that reason, you will need to have excellent problem-solving skills with a customer-oriented approach. The role is office based, however Project Managers are expected to travel, on occasion, to client sites.
- Produce and maintain key documents related to each project, including the project schedule, governance structure, and other guidelines.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Work with management to identify the resources that are required to successfully deliver on the project requirements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Monitor and manage said resources using existing task assignment and prioritization tools.
- Track, measure, and review project progress. This includes adjusting plans, and communicating changes.
- Manage escalation of issues as appropriate as well as being responsible for their successful resolution.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
More about you
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Project management experience in software development.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management practices and the ability to blend them together to fit the project and business environment.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to successfully interact with external and internal parties via phone, video conferences, presentations, and written content.
- Experience working with large customers in a consulting or technical capacity, especially in the software and banking industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills including coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide credible leadership to development teams and be able to accurately and objectively evaluate project risks and issues
- Experience with two or more of the following: IT service management, ITIL, ISO20000, business process management.
It’s great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working with Atlassian products.
- Public speaking experience or published thought leadership.
- Experience in critical projects for large end-user communities (>5k end users).
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Insurance on a full time base.
- Company mobile.
- Company laptop of your choice.
- Easy-going working environment.
- Exposure in international markets.
- Visibility to interdisciplinary projects
- Access to continuous training.